Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I had a very nice and relaxing Father's Day Sunday and I hope you all did too! Every Sunday Derek has softball games, so when he went to his game I did what any normal girl with free time would do... laid by the pool! Our apartment complex has a nice big pool and it is probably my favorite part about this place. Before heading to the pool I had a slice of ww toast w/ PB&J. I only had one slice because I new I would be eating a big lunch in three hours.


I tried laying in the sun for about an hour before getting way to hot and decided I could use a dip in the pool. Once I was in the water, I decided to make a workout out of it and swam for about 30 minutes! My legs are so sore from the swim now! I forget how good of a workout swimming is.

I came in leaving myself only 30 minutes to get ready for lunch with Derek's parents. I was starving!!! So getting ready quickly was not an issue! Showered and dressed in 20 minutes....


For Father's Day, Derek and I took his parents to a local Italian place for lunch. The restaurant is called Aldo's and it has very good old school Italian food.
The table started with some garlic bread made with EVOO... crunchy and delicious!

As an appetizer I got the pear, arugala, gorgonzola cheese, and walnut salad. This was even better than my salad last night. The sweet pears and sweet honey mustard dressing complimented the fierce cheese in the best way possible! The walnuts added just the right amount of crunch too.


For my main course I had Whole Wheat Penne Arriabatta. This was a spicy tomato sauce and had just the right amount of kick to it. The pasta was cooked al dente which I love. When I was in Italy two summers ago, all the pasta I had there was cooked al dente and ever since I have loved it that way- Love the chew!


Once dinner with Derek's parents was over, it was time to see my dad. Now that we are engaged we are trying to get used to splitting all the holidays between families.
My sisters came over and we did a small photo shoot before heading by our uncle's house to see our dad.

I have two sisters. Amanda is 24 and Kristie is 21. I am the oldest :)

There was a ton of food at my uncles, burgers, chicken, sausage, hot dogs, rice & beans, etc. But I was tooooooo full from lunch. At like seven at night I got a little hungry and opted for two chicken legs.

Here are some pics from the day.

Derek with my step-mom Amerilis.



Me and my sisters with my dad.


Me and my sisters with my little cousins. They will be the flower girls and ring bearers in my wedding :)

Aren't they the cutest!

Derek and I got home around 9 p.m. Just in time for True Blood! I had a lime whole fruit bar while I watched.


Ok, got to get to work.... Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Karla said...

Cute! Love your dress!
Happy Father's Day yesterday!!

Cassie said...

Thanks Karla!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg said...

Awww, I love the pics of you and your sisters! And your dress is VERY cute!

Cassie said...

Thanks Anna ;)

Anonymous said...

Both you and your sisters are so pretty! Some delicioussss looking eats.....Penne pasta in a spicy tomato sauce is always a winner for me!! xx

Nora@LiveLifeEatRight said...

Aw! What a great lunch, looks like you had such a great time!